I love asparagus! I love that it is one of the first fresh vegetables available after a long winter, and a sure sign spring has sprung. I also love the distinct asparagus flavor of fresh asparagus.
There are a ton of ways to prepare asparagus, but one of my favorites is roasting, it really brings out the flavor of the tender spears.
Roasting asparagus is quick and easy and really allows the asparagus flavor to shine. My kids even like Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus, so why mess with a good thing?
Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- A pinch or two of sea salt Lemon flavored Seneca Sea Salt is excellent in the recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 lemons cut in wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom 1/2 of each. Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes